The Standard Accuracy Pressure Transducer (SAPT) is a piezo-resistive principle based, fully ESA qualified pressure gauging component, both for gaseous or liquid media.
The unit consists of a pressure-sensing element and a dedicated set of electronics, integrated into one compact design. The fully seal-welded sensor housing construction is optimised to enable one generic design for pressure ranges from 1 to 320 barA, with maximum flexibility for adaptation to customer specific requirements. Wetted parts have demonstrated compatibility with the all the typical propellants currently in use in spaceflight (hydrazine, MON, MMH, Green Propellant), whereas a qualified joint material enables different materials for fluidic interfaces.
The integrated analogue temperature compensation allows for accuracies ≤ 0.5% FS, depending upon the operational temperature range and data output approximation.
- Qualified for telecom/GEO (Hi-Rel EEE-parts) and manned space applications
- Excellent performance characteristics
- High-accuracy calibration traceable to national standards
- Zero failure in-orbit heritage (Galileo IOV, GB2, GOCE, Planck, Rosetta, ATV, PRISMA, AMOS3)
- Ongoing production heritage of 500+ units (Alphabus, Bepi-Colombo, SGEO, Galileo FOC, EarthCare, Cygnus, Exomars)
Download this product information as a convenient datasheet.